Apply for Financial Aid for 2015–2016
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH) Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS) requires that all new applicants in eligible degree programs complete the financial aid application in full in order to be considered for funding at Harvard. NOTE: The 2015-16 online application via MyFinaid is now available. OSFS will email login instructions (including SFS Student IDs) to new applicants. If by mid-January 2015 you have not received this email and have completed the Admissions application process via SOPHAS, please contact OSFS.
The Priority Application Deadline is: February 13, 2015
Financial Aid Application Documentation Requirements
for NEW applicants
|Program Descriptions||International Students||Domestic (U.S. Citizens and Eligible Non-Citizens)|
||Not Eligible to Apply||Not Eligible to Apply|
|NEW Online MPH in Epidemiology.For Financial Aid opportunities- please visit:MPH Online Finance||
This program is not eligible for Federal Aid –FAFSA should not be completed
|All other degrees not listed above:
Returning Students for 2015-16: Are no longer required to complete the online HSPH Financial Aid Application. However, domestic returning students who wish to apply for federal aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
* To complete the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Applicants should file the FAFSA no later than February 9, 2015, to ensure the FAFSA completion date meets the priority deadline.
- Returning students do not have a priority filing deadline. However, SFS recommends completing the FAFSA by the end of April 2015.
- Estimated W-2 and/or tax information is accepted on the FAFSA. However, once you have completed your taxes, please log in to your completed FAFSA and update any applicable information. We strongly encourage applicants make use of the IRS data retrieval tool contained on the FAFSA.
- The on-line FAFSA application is available at http://www.fafsa.gov/.
- When filing the FAFSA, the HSPH federal code is E00214.
- FAFSA applications are not available until after January 1st, 2015.
- Students may call 800-4FEDAID if they have any FAFSA-related questions or issues
All applicants in eligible programs who are notified of their acceptance to the Harvard Chan School should expect to receive an e-mail communication from OSFS by the end of the following week. OSFS continues to review completed financial aid applications and notifies accepted students via e-mail to view MyFinAid for any available funding or updates to awards.
OSFS will begin packaging returning students’ Federal Loans and Harvard Chan School Central Scholarships at the end of April. Students should contact their academic departments directly regarding the timeline of notifications of training grants/academic funding.
Students are welcome to contact our office regarding questions on all aspects of financial aid at (617) 432-1867 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSFS is committed to assisting students meet the cost of an education at the Harvard Chan School. The OSFS manages both merit-based and need-based funds. The primary sources of funding at the School are scholarships, grants, loans, work-study and outside funding. Please be advised that the school has limited scholarship funds and may not be able to meet fully each student’s needs. Therefore, the OSFS encourages students to explore all funding opportunities; including funding that may come directly from the academic departments, and/or externally. For additional information about funding opportunities both within and outside of the School, students are encouraged to visit our website at: http://hsph.harvard.edu/osfs/.