January to April
- Explore available degree programs and departments at HSPH and eligibility requirements.
- Review application requirements.
- Begin researching scholarships, fellowships, and external financial aid through Student Financial Services.
- Schedule GRE General Test to be taken no later than October for paper-based exams and November for computer-based exams to allow time for the official score reports to arrive.
- If required, schedule the TOEFL or IELTS test to be taken no later than October for paper-based exams and November for computer-based and/or Internet-based exams to allow time for the official score reports to arrive.
April to August
- Visit our recruitment calendar online.
- Initiate conversations with your recommenders.
- Request unofficial transcripts from all U.S. colleges and universities attended for data entry purposes.
- Create an account and begin your application through SOPHAS. Application opens mid September.
- Generate SOPHAS transcript request forms to be sent to all post-secondary institutions attended both U.S. and international. For any non-US coursework, please submit credentials to World Education Services for evaluation.
October and November
- Submit application for admission and all supporting documents by mid-November. This will allow time for your application to be processed by SOPHAS and to be mailed to our office to meet our December 15 deadline.
- Application submission deadline for most programs is December 15, however, please submit your complete application by mid-November.
- Continue to monitor your SOPHAS portal to make sure that all required documents have been received and that your application has been mailed to HSPH.
- Begin applying for financial aid. Additional information will be sent by Student Financial Services.
- Continue to monitor your SOPHAS portal to ensure that your application has been sent to HSPH.
February and March
- Applicants will be notified of decisions via email.