January to April
- Explore available degree programs and departments at HSPH and eligibility requirements.
- Review application requirements.
- Begin researching scholarships, fellowships, and external financial aid through Student Financial Services.
- Schedule GRE General Test to be taken no later than October for paper-based exams and November for computer-based exams to allow time for the official score reports to arrive.
- If required, schedule the TOEFL or IELTS test to be taken no later than October for paper-based exams and November for computer-based and/or Internet-based exams to allow time for the official score reports to arrive.
April to August
- Visit our recruitment calendar online.
- Initiate conversations with your recommenders.
- Request unofficial transcripts from all U.S. colleges and universities attended for data entry purposes.
- Create an account and begin your application through SOPHAS. Application opens mid September.
- Generate SOPHAS transcript request forms to be sent to all post-secondary institutions attended both U.S. and international. For any non-US coursework, please submit credentials to World Education Services for evaluation.
October and November
- Submit application for admission and all supporting documents by mid-November. This will allow time for your application to be processed by SOPHAS and to be mailed to our office to meet our December 15 deadline. Even if you do not submit your application by mid-November, you can still submit your application to SOPHAS up until December 15 and this will allow you to meet our application deadline.
- Application submission deadline for most programs is December 15.
- Continue to monitor your SOPHAS portal to make sure that all required documents have been received and that your application has been mailed to HSPH.
- Begin applying for financial aid. Additional information will be sent by Student Financial Services.
- Continue to monitor your SOPHAS portal to ensure that your application has been sent to HSPH.
February and March
- Applicants will be notified of decisions via email.