If you are requesting a visa through Harvard University, there are two options for you to submit your materials:
1. Complete the Financial Certification Form online. Instructions are included on the form. In addition to completing and submitting this form, you will need to submit official documentation as described in the instructions to our office regarding your funding sources.
2. If you are unable to complete the online form, please email admissions for a writable PDF version with accompanying instructions. Again, you will need to submit official documentation to our office regarding your funding sources. Please complete, print, and sign the PDF form before sending.
We require that all students mail the FCIS form and official supporting financial documentation to the Admissions Office. If you fill in your signature electronically, we still require the PDF form to be printed. We cannot accept documentation that is emailed or faxed.
Determining what you will need to certify:
While filling out either the online or PDF form, please view the HSPH Required Levels of Support for Visa Certification showing amounts for certification. If you are starting in the summer (as a degree or non-degree student), please view the Summer Cost of Attendance.
If you would like to have your I-20/DS-2019 shipped by express mail (FedEx), please pay a $20 visa handling fee. This will allow a tracking number to be assigned to your documents. Without this payment, documents will be sent via regular mail and there will be no tracking number available.
Boston-area banks that will open accounts for international students prior to arrival in Boston:
Citizens Bank: c/o John Paul Gomes, Assistant Manager, Brigham Circle Branch, 1628 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120. To open an account, please call Mr. Gomes at 617-566-8076 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional resources and materials:
- Transfer In to Harvard Form
- Harvard International Office
- Harvard International Office Settling In at Harvard
- HIO Guide for New Students
- Visa Types
- Health Care and Insurance
- Hosting Program for International Students and invitation
- Recording of the Admitted Student Open House (2013) Information Session for International Students