677 Huntington Avenue
Kresge Building, Room 911Boston, MA 02115
- PhD, 2012, University of California, San Diego
- MPH, 2008, Johns Hopkins Univeristy
- BA, 2004, University of Southern California
- Quantitative and qualitative research on the social epidemiology of infectious diseases
- Research on drug abuse and sexual risk behaviors for infectious diseases including HIV/STIs
- Couples-based research and prevention interventions
- Vlahov D, Robertson AM, Strathdee SA. Prevention of HIV infection among injection drug users in resource-limited settings. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2010; 50(Supplement 3): S114-S121.
- Robertson AM, Vera A, Gallardo M, Pollini RA, Patterson TL, Case P, Nguyen L,Strathdee SA. Correlates of seeking injection assistance among injection drug users in Tijuana, Mexico. The American Journal on Addictions. 2010; 19(4):357-363.
- Rodwell T, Robertson AM, Aguirre N, Vera A, Anderson C, Lozada R, Chait L, Schooley R, Zhang X, Strathdee SA. Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 surveillance in marginalized populations, Tijuana, Mexico. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010; 16(8):1292-1295.
- Ojeda VD, Robertson AM, Hiller S, Lozada R, Cornelius W, Palinkas L, Magis-Rodriguez C, Strathdee SA. A qualitative view of drug use behaviors of Mexican male injection drug users deported from the United States. Journal of Urban Health. 2011; 88(1):104-117.
- Morris MD, Case P, Robertson AM, Lozada R, Vera A, Medina-Mora M, Strathdee SA. Prevalence and correlates of ‘agua celeste’ use among female sex workers who inject drugs in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2011; 117(2-3):219-225.
- Robertson AM, Rangel G, Lozada R, Vera A, Ojeda VD. Male injection drug users try new drugs following U.S. deportation to Tijuana, Mexico. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2012; 120(1-3):142-148.
- Robertson AM, Lozada R, Vera A, Palinkas L, Burgos JL, Magis-Rodriguez C, Rangel MG, Ojeda VD. Deportation experiences of women who inject drugs in Tijuana, Mexico. Qualitative Health Research. 2012; 22(4):499-510.
- Robertson AM, Lozada R, Pollini RA, Rangel MG, Ojeda VD. Correlates and contexts of US injection drug initiation among undocumented Mexican migrant men who were deported from the United States. AIDS & Behavior. 2012; 16(6):1670-80.
- Syvertsen JL, Robertson AM, Abramovitz D, Rangel MG, Martinez G, Patterson TL, Ulibarri MD, Vera A, El-Bassel N, Strathdee SA. Study protocol for the recruitment of female sex workers and their non-commercial partners into couple-based HIV research. BMC Public Health. 2012; 12:136.
- Robertson AM, Ojeda VD, Nguyen L, Lozada R, Martinez GA, Strathdee SA, Patterson TL. Reducing harm from HIV/AIDS misconceptions among female sex workers in Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico: a cross sectional analysis. Harm Reduction Journal. 2012; 9(1):35.
- Robertson AM, Syvertsen JL, Rangel G, Staines H, Morris M, Patterson TP, Ulibarri MD, Strathdee SA. Concurrent sexual partnerships among female sex workers and their non-commercial male partners in Tijuana and Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2012; 89(4):330-2.
- Robertson AM, Syvertsen JL, Rangel G, Martinez G, Palinkas LA, Stockman JK, Ulibarri MD, Strathdee SA. Acceptability of vaginal microbicides among female sex workers and their intimate male partners in two Mexico-U.S. border cities: a mixed methods analysis. Global Public Health. 2013; 8(5):619-33.
- Rolon ML, Syvertsen JL, Robertson AM, Rangel G, Martinez G, Ulibarri MD, Servin A, Strathdee SA. The influence of having children on HIV-related risk behaviors of female sex workers and their intimate male partners in two Mexico-U.S. border cities. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics. 2013; 59(3):214-9.
- Syvertsen JL, Robertson AM, Palinkas LA, Rangel G, Martinez G, Strathdee SA. “Where sex ends and emotions begin”: love and HIV risk among female sex workers and their intimate, non-commercial partners along the Mexico-US border. Culture, Health & Sexuality. 2013; 15(5):540-54.
- Syvertsen JL, Robertson AM, Rolon ML, Palinkas LA, Martinez G, Rangel G, Strathdee SA. “Eyes that don’t see, heart that doesn’t feel:” coping with sex work in intimate relationships and its implications for HIV/STI prevention. Social Science & Medicine. 2013; 87:1-8.
- Robertson AM, Syvertsen JL, Amaro H, Martinez G, Rangel G, Patterson TP, Strathdee SA. Can’t buy my love: a typology of female sex workers’ commercial relationships in the Mexico-U.S. border region. Journal of Sex Research. 2013; May 9 (epub ahead of print).
- Robertson AM, Syvertsen JL, Palinkas LA, Vera A, Rangel G, Martinez G, Strathdee SA. Sex workers’ non-commercial male partners who inject drugs report higher-risk sexual behaviors. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2013; 40(10):801-3.
- Robertson AM, Syvertsen JL, Ulibarri MD, Rangel G, Martinez G, Strathdee SA. Prevalence and correlates of HIV and sexually transmitted infections among female sex workers and their non-commercial male partners in two Mexico-U.S. border cities. Journal of Urban Health (in press).