What is Hubway?
Hubway is your Boston bike sharing system. Launched in Boston on July 28, 2011 with 60 stations, 600 bicycles and an eye towards expanding into Boston neighborhoods and surrounding communities, Hubway provides you with an accessible and green transit option. Rent a bike near your home or office and pedal your way to the next lunch meeting, errand or shopping trip, or to visit friends and family.
There are three Hubway Stations in the area:
- Corner of Avenue Louis Pasteur and Longwood (sponsored by Harvard)
- Corner of Brookline Avenue and Longwood (sponsored by BIDMC)
- Corner of Tremont/Huntington/Francis (Brigham Circle)
- Visit https://thehubway.com/signup
- Choose “Corporate/University” membership type and select Harvard University
- Input Password: HARVARD
- Input your xxxx.harvard.edu email address
The expanded presence, in part supported by Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and local businesses, will provide riders with a healthy, emissions-free option for traveling throughout the area, including between Harvard’s Schools and campuses.