Applicants for the Summer Program Must:
- Be A US citizen or permanent resident (proof of permanent residency must be provided)
- Be one or more of the following:
A member of a group that is underrepresented in graduate education (African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaskan Natives, Pacific Islander or Multiracial/Biracial)
A first-generation college student (neither parent nor legal guardian has a bachelor’s degree)
A low-income student as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Carry health insurance during the 6 weeks of the Summer Program. No exceptions.
Ideal Applicants for the Summer Program Should:
- Have a strong background and interest in quantitative subjects such as mathematics, statistics, or computer science
- Be in good academic standing with a strong GPA, and have completed coursework in calculus
- Be a student interested in pursuing graduate studies in biostatistics or computational biology
- Completed Application Form
- Official Transcript(s)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- preferably from faculty members who can attest to the applicant’s overall suitability for research, motivation, and classroom performance
- Personal Statement
- describing background, experience and reason for interest in the program (1,000 words or less)
A completed electronic application form and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted by FEBRUARY 1, 2016. Applications open October 15, 2015.
As soon as you have secured recommenders, email the full name and email address of each recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-form will be sent directly to your designated references. Please be advised that recommendations received after February 1, 2016 will not be considered.
The Summer Program Committee meets in February. Decision letters will be emailed to applicants by March 1. The program typically accepts 12 participants.
You will be asked to upload PDF files of your resume, personal statement, transcripts from all colleges attended, and a scanned copy of your medical insurance card, if currently insured.