Peer-reviewed research papers
- Kim, S., Perry, M., & Okechukwu, C.A. (In press). Association between union connection and upper body musculoskeletal pains among unionized construction apprentices. American Journal of Industrial Medicine
- Chin, D., Hong, O., Bates, M., Gillen, M., & Okechukwu, C.A. (2012) Cigarette smoking in building trades workers: The impact of work environment. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 55(5), 429-439.
- Okechukwu C.A., El Ayadi, A., Tamers, S., Sabbath, E., & Berkman, L (2012). Household food insufficiency, financial strain, work-family strain, and depressive symptoms in the working class: Results from the Work Family and Health study. American Journal of Public Health, 102 (1), 126-133.
- Okechukwu, C.A., Krieger, N., Sorensen, G., Li, Y., & Barbeau, E. (2011). Testing hypothesized psychosocial mediators: Lessons learned in the MassBUILT study. Health Education and Behavior, 38(4), 404-411.
- Okechukwu, C.A., Nguyen, K., & Hickman, N. (2011). Partner smoking characteristics: Association with smoking and quitting among blue-collar workers. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 53(11):1102-1108.
- Okechukwu, C.A., Krieger, N., Chen, J., Sorensen, G., Li, Y., & Barbeau, E. (2010) The association of hazards in the work environment and smoking in a US multi-ethnic working class population: The United for Health Study. Public Health Reports, 125(2):225-233.
- Lathan, CA., Okechukwu, C.A, Fisher-Drake, B., & Bennett, G. (2010). Racial differences in the perception of lung cancer: Data from the 2005 Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS). Cancer, 116(8):1981-1986.
- Berkman, L., Ertel, K., Buxton, O., & Okechukwu, C.A. (2010). Managers’ practices related to work-family balance predict employee cardiovascular risk and sleep duration in extended care settings. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 15(3):316-329.
- Okechukwu, C.A, Krieger, N., Sorensen, G., Li, Y., & Barbeau, E. (2009). MassBUILT: Effectiveness of an apprenticeship site-based smoking cessation intervention for unionized building trades workers. Cancer Causes and Control, 20(6):887–894.
- Patel, P., Okechukwu, C.A., Collin, J., & Hughes B. (2009). Bringing “light, life and happiness”: British American Tobacco and music sponsorship in sub-Saharan Africa. Third World Quarterly, 30(4):685-700.
- Drake, B.A., Lathan, C., Okechukwu, C.A., Bennett, G. (2008). Prostate cancer screening, family history and race. Annals of Epidemiology, 18(7):579-583.
- Bennett, G., Wolin, K., Okechukwu, C.A, Arthur, C., Askew, S., Sorensen, G., & Emmons, K. (2008). Nativity and cigarette smoking among lower income Blacks: Results from the Healthy Directions study. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, 10(4):305-311.
- McPhaul, K., Rosen, J., Bobb, S., Okechukwu, C.A, Geiger-Brown, J., Kauffman, K., Johnson, J., & Lipscomb, J. (2007). An exploratory study of mandated safety measures for home visiting case managers. Canadian Journal of Nursing Research, 39(4):172-189.
- Lipscomb, J. A. & Okechukwu, C.A. (2012). Workplace violence. In Fitzpatrick, J. & Kazer, M. (Eds.), Encyclopedia for Nursing Research (3rd ed.). Springer Publishing Company, New York.
- Lipscomb, J. A. & Okechukwu, C.A. (2006). Workplace violence: An occupational hazard, not “part of the job”. In Fitzpatrick, J. & Wallace, M. (Eds.), Encyclopedia for Nursing Research (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing Company, New York.
- Okechukwu, C.A, & Lipscomb, J. A. (2004). Immigrant workers in nursing home and home health care. In Barron, S. (Ed.), Special Populations at Risk /Immigrant Workers. NIOSH/CDC.
- Okechukwu, C., Souza, K., Davis, K., & De Castro, B. (2011). Discrimination, Harassment, Abuse and Bullying in the Workplace: Contribution of Workplace Injustice to Occupational Health Disparities. An Issue Paper for Discussion at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Eliminating Health and Safety Disparities at Work Conference, Chicago, Illinois, September 14 and 15, 2011