2013 Application Deadlines:
- Degree Applicants: December 15, 2012
- Non-Degree Applicants: February 1, 2013
2013 Application Process
Please read all instructions carefully.
Degree Applicants – all materials must be received by December 15, 2012.
Students who wish to apply for a Master’s Program beginning with the summer PCE must submit a degree application and application materials online through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). The SOPHAS degree application and instructions are available at Degree Application Requirements. Degree applicants do not need to submit a second application or duplicate supporting documentation for the PCE. To have your degree application also considered for the PCE, please take the following steps after submission of your degree application:
1. Application Notification – Notify the PCE via e-mail to ProgClinEffect@partners.org that your degree application has been submitted through SOPHAS.
2. Tuition Guarantee – Have your tuition guarantor complete the Tuition Guarantee Form and submit it on your behalf to ProgClinEffect@partners.org. Typically, applicants have their tuition guaranteed by their sponsoring institution. Self-funded applicants will also be considered provided that they assume personal responsibility for the PCE tuition charges by completing this form.
Non-Degree Applicants - all materials must be received by February 1, 2013.
1. SOPHAS Application – Apply online through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). The SOPHAS application and general instructions for all non-degree summer programs are available at Non-Degree Programs Application Info. Complete all required sections of the online application noting the following:
Academic History Section
- Colleges and Universities Attended -Non-Degree PCE applicants are not required to submit transcripts. Follow the TAF – Transcript Abbreviation Instructions available at Non-Degree Programs Application Info to bypass this requirement. Failure to correctly bypass this requirement could result in a processing delay of your application.
- Coursework - Non-degree PCE applicants are not required to enter coursework.
School Designation Section– Select Harvard School of Public Health and the Summer (non-degree) Program in Clinical Effectiveness.
2. SOPHAS Application Materials – Applications will not be considered complete or processed until the following materials have been received by SOPHAS.
- Uploadyour curriculum vitae.
- Copy and pasteaone-page personal statement addressing your reasons for wishing to attend this program, your professional goals and describing why you feel that this program will be beneficial to you.
- Enter the contact information for three recommenders who will be contacted by SOPHAS (via e-mail) to submit letters detailing your clinical ability and/or research potential. One of these letters should be from a division/department head verifying your affiliation during the PCE.
- Submit the non-refundable $120 application fee.
3. Tuition Guarantee - Have your tuition guarantor complete the Tuition Guarantee Form and submit it on your behalf to ProgClinEffect@partners.org. Typically, applicants have their tuition guaranteed by their sponsoring institution. Self-funded applicants will also be considered provided that they assume personal responsibility for the PCE tuition charges by completing this form.
For questions regarding your non-degree PCE application please contact:
Barbara C. Rosen, Administrator
Julia R. Curletti, Program Coordinator
Program in Clinical Effectiveness
Division of General Internal Medicine and Primary Care
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
1620 Tremont Street, OBC-3
Boston, MA 02120-1613
Telephone: 617-732-5500, x3-2436