Opportunities and Benefits
- Stimulate new research ideas and collaborations.
- Break down barriers – minimize the "silo" approach and "expand the hallway" for conversations.
- Improve coordination and communication by means of the website, Friday Forums, and other activities.
- Engender new grant proposals and partnerships.
- Leverage complementary strengths and augment likelihood of funding.
- Increase numbers and success of grant applications by junior faculty.
- Improve and streamline applications.
Training and Mentoring
- Facilitate across-group collaborations by clinical and research fellows and pre- and post-doctoral students.
- Expand funding and positions for fellows and post-docs.
- Provide mentoring network for students, fellows, and junior faculty.
- Contribute to curriculum in cardiovascular epidemiology for masters and doctoral students at HSPH.
- Contribute to curriculum in cardiovascular epidemiology for medical students at HMS.
- Develop a summer curriculum in cardiovascular epidemiology for clinical fellows.
- Potential future support for pilot projects or research fellowship positions.
- Potential future staff or administrative support.