Celebrate Earth Week at HSPH!
For Harvard-wide events in April, visit this site.
Monday, April 22
Jake Kritzer (Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund)
“Sustainable Fisheries in a Changing Climate: On Cod and Coral Reefs”
4pm in Kresge 204
Tuesday, April 23
Nicole Freedman (Director, Boston Bikes)
“Boston: The Road to Becoming Bicycle-Friendly”
12:30pm in Kresge 502
Wednesday, April 24
Sebastian’s Cafe goes Veg for the day!
11:30am-1:30pm in the Kresge Atrium (Cafeteria)
- Meet folks from local groups and organizations committed to sustainability!
- Buy a reusable spork to use at work!
- Bring in your burnt-out CFL bulbs to get recycled
- Take the Stairs Campaign participants can collect their prizes
- Exhibitors include W.B. Mason, Best Bees, Bootstrap Compost, New England Aquarium’s Sustainable Food Programs, Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Harvard Longwood Bicyclists, Boston Building Resources, and Eco-Opportunity
Friday, April 26
Alex Lu (Associate Professor of Environmental Exposure Biology, HSPH)
“What have we learned to protect honeybees from colony collapse disorder since 2006?”
12:30pm in FXB G1
Saturday, April 27
Mission Hill Neighborhood Cleanup
In celebration of Earth Week activities here at HSPH, as well as in the Mission Hill Community, the Smith St. Green Team is organizing the Second Annual Neighborhood Cleanup to support the efforts of the Boston Shines Initiative.
Boston Shines will provide all tools, etc. as well as a t-shirt to commemorate the day.
Contact Jen Doleva to volunteer: firstname.lastname@example.org