Printer Cartridge Program
Printer Cartridge Recycling Program
OfficeMax collects used toner and ink printer cartridges!
HSPH has teamed up with OfficeMax, Harvard’s preferred vendor, in order to recycle printer cartridges.
How to recycle:
1. Hand the used cartridges to be recycled to the OfficeMax drivers when they make deliveries.
2. Set up a collection box in your department & be sure to give the box to the OfficeMax delivery man when he drops off new deliveries. OfficeMax also has toner collection bins that can be provided as requested. Email email@example.com for more information.
- For every ink or laser toner cartridge that is recycled, two quarts of oil are kept out of landfills.
- The number of ink and laser toner cartridges thrown away in one year is enough to circle the earth.
- It takes 1,000 years for an ink or laser toner cartridge to decompose in a landfill.
- Recycling ink or laser toner cartridges helps to decrease the amount of waste that goes into landfills and helps reduce the amount of toxic chemicals absorbed into the Earth.