Printer Cartridge Recycling Program
OfficeMax collects used toner and ink printer cartridges!
HSPH has teamed up with OfficeMax, Harvard’s preferred vendor, in order to recycle printer cartridges.
How to recycle:
1. Hand the used cartridges to be recycled to the OfficeMax drivers when they make deliveries.
2. Set up a collection box in your department & be sure to give the box to the OfficeMax delivery man when he drops off new deliveries. OfficeMax also has toner collection bins that can be provided as requested. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For every ink or laser toner cartridge that is recycled, two quarts of oil are kept out of landfills.
- The number of ink and laser toner cartridges thrown away in one year is enough to circle the earth.
- It takes 1,000 years for an ink or laser toner cartridge to decompose in a landfill.
- Recycling ink or laser toner cartridges helps to decrease the amount of waste that goes into landfills and helps reduce the amount of toxic chemicals absorbed into the Earth.