PCS Program Details


At the Harvard T.H. Chan School each student and affiliate is responsible for finding his/her own housing.  There is no central housing office at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. For important information about housing in Boston, please refer to the  housing website.

Shattuck International House, Vanderbilt Hall and Harvard University Housing are three Harvard-managed housing options for students.

If you wish to apply to live at Shattuck International House for the academic year, applications will be available in April, on the  housing website.

Please note that you must confirm your Shattuck housing arrangements directly with Operations Office, who will notify you about the details for your move into Shattuck International House. Be sure to indicate on your application that you are a PCS student. Shattuck only offers academic year leases; custom leases are not an option. Please refer to the Harvard Chan School housing website for specific dates for the 2015-2016 academic year.

For Shattuck International House information, contact:

Operations Office
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
677 Huntington Avenue
Kresge Building, Room LL15
Boston, MA 02115-6023

Email: operations@hsph.harvard.edu
Phone: 617-432-1152

Health Insurance

All full-time students must purchase both HUSHP Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Basic and HUSHP Student Health Fee (SHF) BCBS Hospital/Specialty +  Prescription Drug Coverage plans through Express Scripts. These fees will be included in your term bill. Please see the “Health Fees” section in the Harvard Chan School catalogue for the cost of coverage.

Note: HUSHP Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and HUSHP Student Health Fee (SHF) coverage extends from August 1, 2015 through July 31, 2016.

Students with comparable health insurance may be eligible to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan portion of the program. The online waiver will be available May 1, 2015. Waivers must be completed prior to the deadline, July 31, 2015, or the charges will remain on your bill.

Visa Status

Please note that in order to be issued a visa, you must certify the additional amount required to cover the costs of the PCS program. These costs are indicated in the “Estimated Student Budget.” For information on how to certify these funds, please refer to the “Instructions for Certification of Funding Form” posted on the admitted student website.