Documentation Needed for Annual Appointments
This appointment is used for a person’s first appointment at HSPH. The following supporting information is required for a first appointment:
- Letter from the department chair supporting the appointment
- 2 letters of recommendation
- curriculum vitae
- job description (for Research Associates)
- Wasabi Hire Form (transmitted electronically)
- Copy of Harvard International Office eScholar form (all international appointments, regardless of salary status)
In addition, if the individual will be paid on a Harvard payroll, the following items may be needed
- Signed offer letter
- Signed Harvard University Confidentiality Agreement (PDF)
- Foreign National Information Form (FNIF) (PDF)
- I-9 Form (PDF) (not needed for stipendees – object codes 6450 and 6452)
- Affirmative action form (only for positions for which there was more than one applicant)
For all paid appointments, please submit the required documentation with a paid appointment cover sheet (PDF).
For all unpaid appointments, please submit the required documentation with an unpaid appointment cover sheet (PDF).
This appointment is used when an annual appointee is being promoted to a new annual position. This most commonly happens when a research fellow is promoted to research associate.
The following supporting information is required for a promotion:
- Endorsement from the department chair indicating support for the promotion (can be chair signature added to letter of recommendation or separate letter from chair)
- 1 letter of recommendation
- curriculum vitae
- job description (for research associates)
- Wasabi Form (transmitted electronically)
- Relevant payroll forms, if not submitted for previous appointment
This appointment is used when a person receives an appointment that is identical to an appointment currently held, but with new starting and ending dates. The reappointment start date must immediately follow the current appointment end date with no break in service.
Usually, the only documentation needed is a Wasabi Job Data Change form. However, during the annual reappointment process, the following documentation will be needed before a reappointment can be approved:
* All unpaid appointments need an explanation of the of the appointee’s activities each year, and an updated CV every three years
* Paid appointments need a memo describing the individual’s activities and contributions to the department or center as well as an updated CV every three years.
* Paid visiting scientist appointments held for 18 months or more need information regarding the anticipated end of the visiting appointment.
* Postdoctoral research fellows who have reached of exceeded the three-year limit on postdoc appointments need information to confirm continued training and when the fellow’s training is expected to be completed.
For questions or additional information, contact Debbie Mattina at 617-432-1327 or email@example.com.