Faculty wishing to recommend the promotion of a research scientist should consult with their department administrator for information on the procedures to be followed.
A promotion package checklist (PDF) should be used when assembling a promotion proposal which includes the following items:
- job description (should provide detailed description of activities research scientist will be engaged in)
- letter from department chair supporting the appointment
- three letters of recommendation
- the research scientist’s current CV (peer-reviewed publications should be listed separately from other publications; publications not yet accepted should not be listed; the candidate’s role in grants should be clearly stated; information about grants for which the candidate is PI or co-PI should include the dollar amount and length of the grant)
- an activities statement that outlines the research scientist’s’ duties, responsibilities, and plans for future research
Please contact Justin Sayde at 617-432-7217 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.