Promotions in Research Scientist Track
Faculty wishing to recommend the promotion of a research scientist should consult with their department administrator for information on the procedures to be followed.
An appointment package checklist should be used when assembling an appointment proposal which includes the following items:
- job description (should provide detailed description of activities research scientist will be engaged in)
- letter from department chair supporting the appointment
- three letters of recommendation
- the research scientist’s current CV (peer-reviewed publications should be listed separately from other publications; publications not yet accepted should not be listed; the candidate’s role in grants should be clearly stated; information about grants for which the candidate is PI or co-PI should include the dollar amount and length of the grant)
- an activities statement that outlines the research scientist’s’ duties, responsibilities, and plans for future research
Please contact Debbie Mattina at 432-1327 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.