- Dietary pattern analysis and its application to chronic disease epidemiology
- Circulating fatty acids and risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Heterogeneity of cardiac diseases and type 2 diabetes mellitus
B.S., Chemistry, Sophia University,Tokyo, Japan
M.S., Nutrition, Columbia University Institute of Human Nutrition, New York,U.S.A.
Ph.D., Nutritional Epidemiology, Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Awards and Honors
2008, Sep. Ajinomoto Co., Inc. International Nutrition Symposium Executive Invitation and Travel Scholarship for the 15th International Congress of Dietetics, 2008, Yokohama, Japan
2009, Apr. Annual Travel Award, Experimental Biology Meeting 2009, Finalist, NJ, USA
2009, May The HNRCA Irwin H. Rosenberg Award for Outstanding Pre-Doctoral Research JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, MA, USA
2009, Sep. NIH Administrative Supplement Award, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (3R01 HL085710-03S1)
2010, May Harvard Program in Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Fellow and Trainee Friday Forum – Annual Winner, MA, USA
2010, Sep. Fellowship, the International Union of Nutritional Sciences Workshop on Capacity and Leadership Development in Nutritional Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
2011, Mar. Epidemiology and Prevention Early Career Research Grant, American Heart Association Epidemiology and Prevention | Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism 2011 Scientific Sessions, GA, USA
2011, Apr. Japanese Disaster Relief Fund in Boston Award for the proposal of volunteer activities for medical relief activities in the disaster-affected areas in Japan, MA, USA
2012, Jan. Fellowship, 44th Ten-Day International Teaching Seminar on CVD Epidemiology and Prevention, Cape Town, South Africa
2012. Mar. Scott Grundy Fellowship Award for Excellence in Metabolism Research, AHA Epidemiology and Prevention | Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism 2012 Scientific Sessions, CA, USA
- OI Bermudez, F Imamura, L Hernandez, M Mazariegos, NW Solomons, Positive association between index of overall diet and body mass index in Mayan adults from Guatemala Highlands, Bulletin of Research Abstracts of the Center for Studies for Sensory Impairment, Aging and Metabolism, 2005;14:5-6, 2005.
- Y Nishida, Y Taketani, H Okumura, F Imamura, A Taniguchi, T Sato, E Shuto, K Nanishi, H Arai, H Yamamoto, E Takeda, Acute effect of oral phosphate loading on serum fibroblast growth factor 23 levels in healthy men, Kidney Int, 2006;70(12):2141-2147
- F Imamura, AH Lichtenstein, JB Meigs, GE Dallal, and PF Jacques, The association between alcohol consumption and diabetes risk is independent of dietary pattern, Am J Epidemiol, 2009;170(1):37-45
- F Imamura, GE Dallal, DM Herrington, PF Jacques, and AH Lichtenstein, Adherence to dietary recommendations and atherosclerosis progression in postmenopausal women with established heart disease, Am J Clin Nutr, 2009;90(1):193-201
- F Imamura, AH Lichtenstein, JB Meigs, GE Dallal, and PF Jacques, generalizability of dietary patterns for prediction of type 2 diabetes mellitus, Am J Clin Nutr, 2009;90(4):1075-1083
- F Imamura, On the gene-nutrient analyses, Am J Clin Nutr, 2010;91(4):1070-1071
- F Imamura, Confounders in Asian studies, Am J Clin Nutr, 2010;91(6):1804-1805
- JH Wu, RN Lemaitre, F Imamura, IB King, X Song, D Spiegelman, DS Siscovick, D Mozaffarian, Fatty acids in the de novo lipogenesis pathway and risk of coronary heart disease: the Cardiovascular Health Study, Am J Clin Nutr, 2011;94(2):431-438
- F Imamura, PF Jacques, Invited commentary: dietary pattern analysis, Am J Epidemiol, 2011;173(10):1105-1108
- R Micha, F Imamura, MW von Ballmoos, DH Solomon, MA Hernan, PM Ridker, D Mozaffarian, Methotrexate in systemic inflammation and risk of cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Am J Cardiol, 2011;108(9):1362-70
Email: fimamura [at] hsph.harvard.edu or
fumiaki.imamura [at] gmail.com
I welcome any comments or questions regarding epidemiology, nutrition, and public health.