Global Nutrition and Epidemiologic Transition Group
- Muhihi A, Gimbi D, Njelekela M, Shemaghembe E, Mwambene K, Chiwanga F, Malik V, Wedick NM, Spiegelman D, Hu F, Willet WC. “Consumption and acceptability of whole grain staples for lowering markers of diabetes risk among overweight and obese Tanzanian adults”. In Press, Globalization and Health, 2013
- Vasudevan S, Spiegelman D, Hong B, Malik V, Jones C, Hu FB, Willett WC, Bai MR, Ponnalagu MM, Arumugam K, Viswanathan V. Consumer acceptance and preference study (CAPS) on brown and undermilled Indial rice varieties in Chennai, India. Journal of the American College of N utrition, 2013 Apr; 32(1):50-57
- Shobana S, Malleshi NG, Vasudevan S, Spiegelman D, Hong B, Hu, F, Willett WC, Krishnaswami K, Mohan V. Nutritional and sensory profile of two Indian rice varieties with different degrees of polishing. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, 2011 Dec;62(8):800-810.
- Muhihi A, Gimbi D, Njelekela M, Shemaghembe E, Mwambene K, Malik V, Spiegelman D, Hu F, Willet WC. Perceptions, Facilitators and Barriers to Consumption of Whole Grain Staple Foods among Overweight and Obese Tanzanian Adults: A Focus Group Study. ISRN Public Health, Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 790602, 7 pages doi:10.5402/2012/7906022011
- Zhang G, Pan A, Zong G, Yu Z, Wu H, Chen X, Tang L, Feng Y, Zhou H, Chen X, Li H, Hong B, Malik V, Willett WC, Spiegelman D, Hu F, Lin X. Substituting White Rice with Brown Rice for 16 Weeks does not Substantially Affect Metabolic Risk Factors in Middle-Aged Chinese Men and Women with Diabetes or a High Risk for Diabetes. The Journal of Nutrition 2011 Sep;141(9): 1685–1690
- Lakshmipriya N, Gayathri R, Praseena K, Vijayalakshmi P, Gunasekaran G, Vasudevan S, Krishnaswamy K, Anjana RM, Jeyakumar H, Mohan V. Type of vegetable oils used in cooking and risk of metabolic syndrome among Asian Indians. 2013 Mar, Vol. 64, No. 2 , Pages 131-139