September 29, 2014
Goals of The Sabri Ülker Center
“One must know not just how to accept a gift, but with what grace to share it” Maya Angelou
The principle of the Sabri Ülker Center is to follow the highest standards of research and scholarship in the area of metabolic diseases, a major threat to global health. The activities of the center will be in five major pillars;
1. Expand Basic Research on Metabolic Disease
2. Discover the Impact of Nutrients on Metabolic Health
3. Determine the Mechanisms that Control Metabolic Diseases
4. Develop New Technologies and Translational Paths
5. Train Future Scientists and Develop Expanded Capacity
The center will also host a biennial symposium on metabolic disease featuring research presentations from global leaders in the field to grant students and fellows an opportunity to formally present their work and network with prominent scientist to establish new collaborations. Stay tuned for the inaugural symposium in Spring 2016.
“Mankind is a single body and each nation a part of that body. We must never say “What does it matter to me if some part of the world is ailing?” If there is such an illness, we must concern ourselves with it as though we were having that illness”
– Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
January 22, 2014
“Close the loops.
Fill the gaps.
Publish the papers.”
– Dr. Hotamisligil, to his post-docs