Here is the Medical Reserve Corps Toolkit along with specific instructions and instruments for downloading.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Savoia, E., Massin-Short, S., Higdon, M.A., Tallon, L., Matechi, E., Stoto, M.A. A toolkit to assess Medical Reserve Corps Units’ performance. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness, 2010, 4: 213-219. PMID: 21149217
- Stoto, M.A. Measuring and assessing public health emergency preparedness. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 2013; 19(5), S16-21. (http://journals.lww.com/jphmp/toc/2013/09001).
- Higdon, M.A., Stoto, M.A. MRC Evaluation Toolkit: An Overview. NACCHO Preparedness Brief, Edition 50—Supplement Issue, March 2010 (available at http://www.naccho.org/topics/emergency/brief.cfm).
- Savoia, E., Higdon, M. A., Massin-Short, S., Tallon, L., Stoto, M.A. Evaluation Toolkit for the Deployment of MRC Units during Flu Clinics and other Public Health Activities. Prepared for the Office of the Civilian Volunteer Medical Reserve Corps (OCVMRC) and the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), October 2011
- Savoia, E., Higdon, M.A., Short, S., Tallon, L., Stoto, M.A. A Toolkit to Assess the Effectiveness of MRC Volunteers Assisting Local Public Health Departments. Public Health Preparedness Summit, Atlanta, February 2010.
Published Abstracts and Posters
- Higdon M.A., Massin-Short S.B., Tallon L., Savoia E., Rodday A., Stoto M.A., Assessing attitudes and barriers experienced by Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteers assisting local public health departments (student scholarship award), AcademyHealth Public Health Systems Research Interest Group Meeting, Chicago, June 2009.
- Higdon M.A., Savoia E., Massin-Short S.B., Stoto M.A., Changing attitudes and barriers to volunteering amongst Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteers as a result of the H1N1 outbreak of 2009-10 (student scholarship award), AcademyHealth Public Health Systems Research Interest Group Meeting, Boston, June 2010.
- Higdon M.A., Savoia E., Massin-Short S.B., Stoto M.A., Using a toolkit to assess the performance of Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) units, APHA Annual Meeting, Denver, November, 2010.