Careers in HCC
A health communication background is a neccesity and advantage to one’s career wihin the continually evolving field of public health.
Students may apply health communication skills in a variety of careers, such as:
- Independent researchers and scholars who contribute to the advancement of health communication science.
- Practitioners who design effective behavior change communication strategies.
- Public health communicators at the state and federal agencies who design, execute, and evaluate public health communication campaigns and who provide risk communication in times of public health crises.
- Strategic communications managers who work in nonprofit health agencies.
- Communication professionals who work in advertising, public relations, and health marketing agencies.
- Public health leaders who communicate with diverse audiences about public health matters and who use media advocacy to influence policy.
- Health and science journalists who write for lay publications.