In 1998, Dr. Yoshida has finished residency and fellow program in St. Luke’s International Hospital, which is one of the most famous educational hospitals in Japan, and has joined Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN), Nagoya University as a postgraduate student since April 2001. She has performed outstanding and high quality works, which is shown in the CV. She finished the Ph.D. course in 2004 and after that, she moved to Germany and England for a year and a half and had many opportunities to do in OB/GYN clinics and general physician clinic. There she realized the importance of primary care in women’s health settings. It was eye-opener for her to learn more about the evidence regarding women’s health and methodologies to conduct studies. These backgrounds lead a wide and international viewpoint, abundant clinical carrier and basic research skill on biochemistry. During her first year in Harvard, she found interesting discrepancy in the results between her study and other studies conducted in western countries. She remains in the school in order to conduct in-depth studies regarding the between-nation differences. She has recently arranged international projects between the United States and Japan and is also in the process of publishing three articles of clinical epidemiology compared Japan and Western countries, which accepted by the leading journals. Currently she has been awarded as an Abe Research Fellow 2010 and working on gender disparity and reproductive health epidemiology at Department of Society, Human Development and Health. This is her first involvement with policy research and by the comparisons between the US and Japan, she can figure out the effects of traditional gender role under the consideration of the differences in social characteristics such as culture, with or without immigration and type of social systems. She believes this will help solve the low birthrate problem in industrialized countries including the United States and Japan.
Harvard School of Public Health Boston, MA
MPH in Quantitive Methods, May 2010
Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine Nagoya, Japan
Ph.D. in Medicine, specially: OB/GYN, Molecular Biology, March 2004
Medical School, University of Mie Mie, Japan
M.D. March 1998
Certification and Licensure
2010 MPH (Epidemiology), Harvard School of Public Health
2005 Board Certification of Japanese Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
2004 Ph.D. (Medicine), Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine
2000 Certification of Clinical Internship, St. Luke’s International Hospital
1998 Physician’s License (M.D.) in Japan
Awards and Honors
2010 Abe Fellowship, Social Science Research Council, NY, USA
2010 Grant in Public Health Research, St. Luke’s Life Science Institute, Tokyo, Japan
2009 Best Research Awards, Japan Medical Women’s Association, Tokyo, Japan
2008 Grant in Aid, St. Luke’s Life Science Institute, Tokyo, Japan
- Einarsson J I, Suzuki Y, Vellinga T, Jonsdottir G M, Magnusson M K, Yoshida H, Cook F, Walsh B. Prospective comparison of post-operative quality of life, pain and return to daily activities in patients having total laparoscopic hysterectomy versus laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy. Obstetrics & Gynecology 2010 (in submission).
- Yoshida A, Yoshida H, Tarukawa T, Okamoto Y, Wakimoto H, Koike S, Okuzumi K, Hishinuma A, Ieiri T, Imamura F. Emergence of Fluoroquinolone-Resistant Type Ib Streptococcus agalactiae. Em Infect Dis 2010 (in press).
- Misawa Y, Yoshida A, Saito R, Yoshida H, Okuzumi K, Ito N, Okada M, Moriya K, Koike K. Application of loop-mediated isothermal amplification technique to rapid and direct detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in blood cultures. J Infect Chemother 2007; 13(3): 134-140.
- Ragaa M. H. Salama, Muramatsu H, Yoshida (Kobayashi) H, Nomura S, Mizutani S, Muramatsu T. Serum levels of midkine, a heparin-binding growth factor, increase in both malignant and benign gynecological tumors. Reprod Immunol Biol 2006; 21(2): 64-70.
- Mami Nomura, Seiji Nomura, Takashi Mitsui, Masaki Suzuki, Kobayashi H, Tomomi Ito, Atsuo Itakura, Fumitaka Kikkawa and Shigehiko Mizutani. Possible involvement of aminopeptidase A in hypertension and renal damage in Dahl salt-sensitive rats. Am J Hypertens 2005; 18, 538–543
- Kobayashi H, Mitsui T, Nomura S, Ohno Y, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T, Nagasaka T, Mizutani S. Expression of glucose transporter 4 in the human pancreatic islet of Langerhans. BBRC 2004; 314: 1121-1125.
- Kobayashi H, Nomura S, Mitsui T, Ito T, Kuno N, Ohno Y, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T, Nagasaka T, Mizutani S. Tissue distribution of placental leucine aminopeptidase/oxytocinase during mouse pregnancy. J Histochem Cytochem 2004; 52(1): 113-121.
- Mitsui T, Nomura S, Okada M, Ohno Y, Kobayashi H, Nakashima Y, Murata Y, Takeuchi M, Kuno N, Nagasaka T, Cooper J W M D, Mizutani S. Hypertension and angiotensin II hypersensitivity in amino peptidase A-deficient mice. Molecular Medicine 2003; 9(1-2): 57-62.
- Ikeda M, Minami Y, Kato Y, Ishizaki Y, Nakano M, Kobayashi H, Kurishita M, Ichimaru M, Ikeda M, Okada J. A case report of recurrence of ovarian cancer. JIM 2001; 11(2): 171-178.
- Ikeda M, Okuda J, Hosono Y, Omatsu K, Kobayashi H, Itasaka T, Hayashi M, Kurishita M, Hosono Y, Ito H. A case report of cirsoid aneurysm of uterine body. Tokyo J Ob-Gyn 2001; 50(2): 249-253.
- Okuda J, Kurishita M, Maeda Y, Yorimitsu M, Watanabe K, Kobayashi H, Omatsu K, Ikeda M, Ito H, Nakamura S. Care of pregnancy with breast cancer. Kanto J Ob-Gyn 2000; 4:112-115.
- Kobayashi H, Kurishita M, Ito H. Clinical analysis of severe pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH). Acta Neonatatologica Japonica 2000; 36: 168-168.
- Yorimitsu M, Hosono Y, Maeda Y, Watanabe K, Okuda J, Kobayashi H, Omatsu K, Kurishita M, Ito H, Suzuki T. Benign mixed epithelial mesenchymal tumor of uterus occurred from subserosal after myomectomy. Tokyo J Ob-Gyn 2000; 49(4): 475-479.
- Okuda J, Hosono Y, Omatsu K, Itasaka T, Ikeda M, Kobayashi H, Hayashi M, Kurishita M, Noguchi T, Ito H. A case report of giant myoma delivery. Tokyo J Ob-Gyn 2000; 49 (3): 326-329.
- Itasaka T, Kobayashi H, Shimoyama S, Kurishita M, Kozu H. Potter sequence complicated by massive ascites. Tokyo J Ob-Gyn 1999; 48 (1): 117-121.
- Yunokawa M, Hosono Y, Omatsu K, Kobayashi H, Shimoyama S, Hattori K, Ito H. Fetal distress with abnormally short umbilical cord. Tokyo J Ob-Gyn 1999; 48 (3): 430-433.
- Kobayashi H, Hosono Y, Okuda J, Yunokawa M, Omatsu K, Noguchi T, Hattori K, Ito H. A case report of papillary serous adenocarcinoma of the uterine body. Tokyo J Ob-Gyn 1999; 48 (4): 543-548.
- Omatsu K, Hosono Y, Okuda J, Yunokawa M, Kobayashi H, Noguchi T, Hattori K, Ikeda M, Ito H. Rare instances of ectopic pregnancy in the fimbriated extremity. Tokyo J Ob-Gyn 1999; 48 (5): 662-665.