Benefits & Perks
Harvard offers an unbeatable package of benefits to help staff and faculty meet individual and family needs whenever they arise. In addition to a wide range of options for core insurance benefits, HSPH employees may take advantage of flexible savings accounts and several retirement plan options, along with many other benefits and services — from tuition assistance to entertainment and retail discounts — that can enhance quality of life while protecting your wallet.
Harvard benefits eligible faculty and staff may click on each benefit for further details or necessary forms.
- Health Insurance Benefits that encompass a wide range of health, vision and dental insurance options for employees and their dependents, spouses and qualified domestic partners, as well as programs to help you save money on such items as prescriptions and copayment.
- Disability and Life Insurance to help you take care of yourself and provide for your family in the case of loss of income. Some coverage is provided automatically and at no cost to you while others are optional and costs are based on the coverage you choose.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) that enable you to set aside money from your paycheck to reimburse yourself for certain expenses. Harvard offers both a medical/dental FSA and a dependent care FSA. The dollars you choose to set aside in FSA’s are taken out of your pay before taxes, so choosing this benefit may help reduce your income tax.
- Health and Wellness Benefits that include a collection of wellness resources; access to University’s Center for Wellness and athletics facilities for health education, exercise facilities and wellness classes; emotional health support; and financial assistance for health club memberships.
- Outings & Innings is a one stop convenient source of discounts on movies, museums, theaters, musical and dance venues, professional sports and amusement parks, and many other products and services.
- Tuition & Education Assistance is aimed at fostering an environment of learning and development, by providing both academic and financial resources to make it easier for you to follow your dreams.
- Retirement Benefits that include a University-funded retirement program, voluntary employee-funded tax-deferred accounts, a deferred compensation program for high earners, and for eligible retirees, continuing medical and dental coverage.