PLEASE NOTE: The parameters of our Fitness Benefit are consistent with the changes from last Fiscal Year and reimbursements will be applied to memberships to health clubs ONLY.
The Fiscal Year 2015 Fitness Benefit Form can be accessed by clicking here.
Ready to submit for Fiscal Year 2016? The new Fitness Benefit Form is available by clicking here.
The Harvard Chan School fitness benefit provides financial assistance to faculty, staff and postdoctoral fellows who wish to enhance their well being through a membership to a health club of their choice. The benefit can be used to pay for individual or family memberships to health clubs. For additional information regarding the benefit, please visit our Frequently Asked Fitness Benefit Questions page.
How to Apply for the FY2015 Fitness Benefit Reimbursement:
Reimbursement Requests Due By July 15, 2015.
- Verify that you are eligible to participate in this benefit. You must have completed one year of service as a benefits-eligible employee at the Harvard Chan School to begin using the Fitness Benefit.
- Verify health club eligibility. A health club or gym facility is eligible if the facility includes cardiovascular and/or weight training equipment that is accessible to you to use independently of a class or personal trainer.
- Complete the FY2015 Fitness Benefit Reimbursement Form. Fill out all relevant sections, sign (electronically), and submit.
- Email necessary receipt documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approvals: Human Resources will approve completed request forms and forward them to Financial Services for processing.
- Payments will be processed as additional pay compensation and will take approximately 4 – 6 weeks to appear in a separate paycheck and deposit. Please note that if you have multiple direct deposits, this will also apply to your reimbursement. For tips on how to view an additional pay compensation in PeopleSoft, refer to: How to View if You Have Received Your Fitness Benefit Reimbursement
If you have a question concerning your benefit, the form, or these instructions, please check the Frequently Asked Fitness Benefit Questions or contact Sarah Keeping in Human Resources at 617-432-0979 or email@example.com.
Other options for savings in addition to the Harvard Chan School Fitness Benefit
1. Are You Eligible for an Additional Fitness Reimbursement?
You may be eligible for an additional $150 fitness reimbursement from your health care provider. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC) and Harvard University Group Health Plan (HUGHP) both offer a $150 fitness reimbursement to enrolled staff who have been a member of a qualifying health club for at least four consecutive months. To learn more, visit the HUGHP and HPHC websites.
2. Reduced costs for Alternative Health Care and Services:
Members of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC) receive discounts for things such as running shoes, massages, spas and more. To learn more visit the HPHC website. The entire Harvard community may enjoy services at the Center for Wellness. If you are a member of the Harvard University Group Health Plan (HUGHP), you can receive reduced rates at the Center for Wellness. The Center draws upon the wealth of expertise and resources in the Harvard community to offer a wide array of innovative programs and workshops designed to assist you in improving your own wellbeing. In an effort to make services more convenient to our community, you will see ongoing classes and chair massages offered on the Longwood Campus.
3. Use of Harvard’s Athletic Facilities:
Membership for Harvard’s Athletic Facilities are available for faculty, staff and postdocs at a reduced rate when compared with other gym memberships in the community. For more information on gym rates and registration info please click here.