The opportunity to learn is an essential part of having a positive employee experience. Harvard has wealth of resources to support your career and professional growth. The range of programs includes skill building courses in writing, computing, financial management, research administration, social media, and human resource systems. There are also workshops that focus on personal / team productivity and interpersonal communication. Managers have opportunities to attend a variety of open-enrollment classes as well as apply for leadership development programs. In addition, there are seminars and tools to help you manage your career and create a development plan.
From an organizational perspective, there are consulting services to help managers and teams build productive workplaces by improving the effectiveness of their teams and organizational process.
Below are several Harvard School of Public Health and University-wide development resources on the HR iSite:
- Tuition Assistance Plan provides an overview of reimbursements for Harvard and non-Harvard courses.
- Computer Training summarizes classes offered at HSPH and university-wide.
- Center for Workplace Development introduces courses available through Harvard’s central learning and development department.
- Harvard Leadership Programs describes university-wide leadership programs available to employees at different career stages.
- The Harvard Bridge Program summarizes skill-building and language courses offered university-wide.
- Research Administration includes links to resources and web-sites specifically for those who work in grants management.
- Career and Talent Management lists resources and tools that can be used for development planning.
- Organizational Effectiveness provides an overview of organizational consulting to help enhance the productivity of teams and departments.
- HSPH Learning Initiatives describes local programs and projects at HSPH.
- MPH in Epidemiology (Harvard Online Learning) a part-time degree program that combines the best of online, in-person, and in-the-field learning to provide public health and healthcare professionals with the advanced research and epidemiological skills needed to take their careers to the next level.
- lyndaCampus provides Harvard staff access to lynda.com’s library of video tutorials on topics that are specifically keyed to important skills and technology.