As a manager at the T. H. Chan School of Public Health, your role is crucial to your staff’s success – and to SPH’s success as well. Your judgment steers our hiring decisions, and your encouragement helps new employees become familiar and engaged with the SPH community. Day by day, your actions and leadership motivate and guide your staff to excel at their jobs and pursue their goals. Overall, your commitment to both SPH and your staff is vital to maintaining the productive and rewarding community that drew you and others to our School.
We recognize that you have many responsibilities in addition to those of being a manager. For this reason, we’re happy to provide tools and resources (including consultation with an HR professional at any time) to help you supervise and lead those who report to you. On these pages you’ll find help in handling the various tasks of managing, such as posting a position, navigating the performance management process, dealing with leaves of absence, and developing staff. Also, because we look to today’s managers to transform and lead SPH into the future, we offer Leadership Development programs especially aimed at managers.
On the HR iSite, you will find information on the following topics:
- Human Resource Partnership, Policies, and Union Agreements
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Performance Management, Goal Setting, and Progressive Discipline
- Compensation and Job Reclassifications
- Work/Life Integration and Employee Assistance
- Leaves of Absence
- Engaging Staff and Developing Staff
- Management and Leadership Development
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Navigating the SPH Systems