Welcome to the information and registration page for the Work Life Seminars. View January – June 2014 Harvard Longwood Campus Training & Development Offerings Calendar or scroll down to register for specific Seminars.
Click on topic for details and to register:
Allison Rimm, the author of “The Joy of Strategy: A Business Plan for Life.” Your life is serious business, but who says you can’t find joy along the way? The Joy of Strategy combines conventional business techniques with unconventional wisdom to guide you through the creation a business plan for your life.
Thursday, April 17
HMS Quad, Building C, Cannon Room 12-1:30pm Register here
HLC Lunch & Learn Series (12-1pm, feel free to bring lunch) Register
- Self-paced Learning and Development Options (highlighting lynda.com and Harvard ManageMentor) – (February 13) – Countway Library, Ballard Room
- Managing Stress (March 20) – Countway Library, Minot Room
- Self-paced Learning and Development Options (highlighting lynda.com and Harvard ManageMentor) – (March 26) – Countway Library, Ballard Room
- Effective Meeting Management Strategies (April 24) – Countway Library, Ballard Room
- Understanding Generational Differences (June 18) – Countway Library, Ballard Room
- Work/Life Integration (July 23) – Location TBD
- Networking for social connection (September 16) – Location TBD
Quality Childcare: Determining the right care, at the right time, for the right reasons: Is your child currently with a nanny, family childcare educator, child care center, or preschool? Are you wondering how to determine if a child care setting is the right one for your family and child? This seminar will cover state and national accreditation criteria in addition to what research says about developmentally appropriate practices for young children. We will also discuss what qualities to look for in your own child to help determine an appropriate environment and setting for care that meets your whole family needs.
Presented by Nina Dickerman on Thursday, May 1st
Countway Library, Minot Room 12-1:30pm Register here
Buying or Selling Your Home Seminars: These seminars are offered monthly in Longwood.
Register for remaining Winter/Spring Seminars:
- March 13, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, Countway Library, Minot Room
- April 1, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, Countway Library, Minot Room
- May 8, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, Countway Library, Ballard Room
- June 17, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, Countway Library, Minot Room
Having a Baby? Adopting? Leave of Absence and Child Care Information Sessions: This seminar is offered monthly.
Register here for the Winter/Spring Seminars:
Wed 2/26 12:00pm – 1:30pm Countway, Ware Room
Thu 3/27 12:00pm – 1:30pm Countway, Ware Room
Tue 4/22 12:00pm – 1:30pm Countway, Ware Room
Wed 5/28 12:00pm – 1:30pm Countway, Ware Room
General information about seminars
- Please feel free to bring your lunch.
- Harvard Longwood Campus map.
- These seminars are FREE (unless noted otherwise) and open to any faculty, staff, postdocs, or students from any institution in the Longwood Medical Area.
- Work/Life Seminars are provided by the Harvard Longwood Campus (HLC) Human Resource Departments
- While registration is not mandatory, we ask that you do register so we can prepare enough handouts and have the appropriate sized room!