A key function of IHP will be to help finance, organize, and manage activities that enhance HSPH-India partnership. These activities will include:
- An annual IHP symposium – a themed meeting to disseminate new knowledge and develop new initiatives to address public health needs. The location of the symposium would alternate each year between India and Boston.
- Sponsorship each year for specific technical meetings between Indian and HSPH faculty and researchers to mobilize and facilitate new research initiatives, balanced in location between India and Boston.
- A web-based up-to-date communication and dissemination platform. This platform will include a results exchange, networking functions and e-training opportunities between HSPH and diverse Indian sites.
- Student exchanges – building on HSPH’s current January term program in India and developing a matching program for Indian students and junior faculty to come to Harvard for research and training opportunities.
- Research grants to support travel and teaching for HSPH and Indian faculty.
- Enabling grant development – assistance to HSPH and Indian partners in obtaining funding and in effective management of international grants and contracts.
- Development of effective partnerships with private sector sponsors and collaborators through (a) development efforts with US and India-based private sector sponsors and (b) building up research collaborations with private partners in India.
- Quarterly meetings featuring speakers focusing on health research and study in India
In addition, IHP can be a focal point for developing new research and educational initiatives as desired by faculty at HSPH and Indian partners. See the IHP summary for more information about this initiative.