The HSPH IT Office is pleased to announce the renovation of the audio-video system in FXB G11. Work was completed during the week of August 24 – August 28, 2009.
New podium in FXB G11
New equipment includes:
- Document camera
- VCR/DVD player
- Easy-to-use controls
Once wiring has been run to the room, we will be able to provide audio, video and VGA (i.e., computer, laptop, document camera, tablet PC) feeds back to HSPH’s central control room on the G-level of Kresge. This will allow us to both tape classes and events from FXB
G11. The wiring will be complete some time in the early fall.
The renovation of FXB G11 includes a new document camera.
The room uses familiar push button Extron controls found in most classrooms
The controls offer:
- ON/OFF to turn on and off the projector
- Volume control knob to control room volume
- Arrows UP and DOWN to operate the screen
- AUTO IMAGE makes image adjustments for sources
- DVD/VCR switches source to combination DVD/VCR
- DOC CAM switches source to document camera
- LAPTOP switches source to your laptop (VGA with audio and network cables cables are on podium)
- PC switches source to the room’s resident PC
If you are teaching or presenting in FXB G11 and would like an overview of the room, please contact the Helpdesk at 432-HELP, and we will arrange for a tutorial.