We are pleased to announce the promotion of Christopher Cahill from User Support Associate to Group Leader for Helpdesk and Desktop Services.
Chris is a long-service HSPH employee with nearly 18 years of experience at HSPH in a variety of roles. He has worked in the HSPH Department of Information Technology since 2005. Prior to joining the IT Office, Chris worked for the Center for Population and Development Studies.
In his new role as group leader, Chris will coordinate and supervise the work of our team of user support associates including:
- Managing helpdesk tickets, emails, phone calls, and walk-in computer support,
- Coordinating support visits to staff and faculty members offices,
- Coordinating enterprise-wide projects such as the safeboot laptop encryption project, student laboratory computer imaging, and Office 2007 rollout,
- Coordinating community computer training, and
- Serving on key university committees as our HSPH representative
Congratulations to Chris!
While at the Center for Population and Development Studies, Chris was a jack-of-all trades computer technician. He not only provided day-to-day support, but also developed and maintained all the Center’s websites, designed the audio-visual systems for conference rooms at 9 Bow and 22 Plympton Streets, and worked on network planning for the buildings.