We are pleased to announce the promotion of Sarah Bearse from Audio-Visual Systems Engineer to Group Leader for Media Services.
Sarah joined HSPH just one short year ago and has made a huge contribution to our operation and to the community. She has been instrumental in leading a number of key renovations including:
- Kresge G1 audience microphone replacements
- FXB G11 AV renovation
- Kresge cafeteria AV renovation
- Extensive rewiring of Kresge G2 and G3 equipment racks
- Replacement of all wireless microphones at HSPH
- Replacement of a number of classroom projectors and room control systems
- Numerous departmental conference room and office AV installations
Sarah has also staffed nearly all major events over the past year providing the community with outstanding service.
In her new role as group leader, Sarah will coordinate and supervise the work of our team of user support associates around media service requests including:
- Event and classroom capture, web streaming
- Video and web conferencing
- Video and podcast production
- Installations, renovations, and infrastructure planning
- AV troubleshooting
- Community training and staff development
Congratulations to Sarah!
Prior to joining HSPH, Sarah was the lead engineer on the development of an award-winning MP3 (podcast) recorder for M-Audio. She spent a summer in China working with a team to bring her design from concept to production.
We have several Microtrack II units available for community use. The units are ideal for quick podcast or audio capture in a classroom. File transfer is as easy as file transfer on a digital camera. For more information or a tutorial, please contact the Helpdesk at 432-HELP.