A recent Boston Globe article reported “One million Massachusetts residents–or 1 in 6 people–have had their credit card numbers, medical records, or other personal information leaked or stolen over the past two years.”
In an effort to educate the community on responsibilities, policies, procedures and technology in place at HSPH, the Information Technology department hosted a security briefing for the community on March 16, 2010.
View On Demand Video:
View: HSPH Information Security Update
TIP: to fastforward and/or enlarge the video, right click on the presentation and select “Play in Real Player.”
- Taso Markatos, Chief for Information Technology and
- Andrew Ross, HSPH Security Manager.
- Discussion of Security Case Studies
- Types of Confidential Information
- High Risk Confidential Information (HRCI)
- Why We Are Focusing on This Issue
- Obtaining and Storing HRCI
- Exchanging Confidential Files
- Encrypting Laptops
- Recent Security Developments
- What We Are Asking of You