The HSPH Information Technology Department is pleased to announce a secure way to transfer files which meets Harvard’s security mandates. We have set up an Accellion appliance for community use.
To request an account(s) for you or your group, please have your Department Administrator provide a list of users to the HSPH Helpdesk at 432-HELP or email@example.com. Users in the Office of Human Resources and Office of Financial Services have already been added to the system.
Accellion Quickstart Guide:
- Accelion URL: http://accellion.sph.harvard.edu
- Your login is your email address (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your password is
the same as your Novell/GroupWise password.
- Each user is allowed 2 GBs space on the
- Each file will remain for 7 days.
- If you are exchanging files that contain high risk confidential information, please remember that retrieved files may not be stored locally on a laptop, desktop machine, or other local storage device. They must be saved to personal or shared network drives (P:/ and S:/ drives).
- Files which are saved to the
Accellion server cannot be accessed or recovered by the IT department.
- There is an excellent user guide available after you log into the secure file transfer website.
- Accellion home page
- Harvard University Enterprise Information Security Policy
- High Risk Confidential Information definition
- Confidential Information definition
If you would like to any discuss security topics further, please feel free to contact Andy Ross, security manager, email@example.com, 432-1751.