UPDATE: The projector in Kresge G1 has been upgraded.
The Department of Information Technology will be replacing the projector in Snyder Auditorium after hours on Wednesday, September 7, 2011.
Work will begin at 5:30 pm and will be completed for classes on Thursday morning.
Attention Account Administrators
Submitting user account requests has gotten a whole lot easier with the launch of electronic user account forms.
Paperless forms streamline the user account process. Just log in to the site, choose your task, and fill out the form. That’s pretty much it. No need to hand-deliver anything to IT.
Paperless forms also decrease the environmental impact of our day to day operations.
Do I have to wait until the user’s first day to submit the form?
Not at all. In fact we encourage submitting the form up to 30 days in advance!
Once you complete the form the user receives a temporary login to choose their HSPH username. They can do so from any computer with an internet connection. After that, their account should be ready in a few days.
What are the steps to make a new account?
- Log in and fill out the new account form
- You will receive an email, with a temporary login, to forward to the new user
- The user utilizes the temporary login to pick a HSPH login from a dropdown list of 4-5 and accept the user terms.
- An Origin ticket is created with the complete information in your name. and an email confirmation is sent to you with all details of the request.
In order to help you manage and administer your course iSites, we will be holding two iSites trainings sessions:
- Wednesday, September 7th from 11 AM to 12 PM in Kresge LL10 and
- Thursday, September 8th from 2 PM to 3 PM in Kresge Room LL10
The training session will cover:
- how to login and administer the course site,
- an introduction to topic box types and how to edit them (examples of topic box types include announcements, course documents, text areas, sign up tool, and images), and
- how to modify the layout of the course site through design view.
Limited seating is available.
Please RSVP to Michael DeMarco or Erin B. Leveille at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot in a training session.
We are pleased to announce that the 3rd floor conference room at Smith Street has been completed.
This large room is equipped with:
- Projector and large screen
- Resident PC
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Laptop/tablet connection
- Speakers for computer and laptop audio
- Cisco telepresence for high-quality video conferencing
- Polycom conference phone for conference calls
Similar rooms on the 1st and 4th floors are also nearing completion. Three smaller conference rooms were completed in June.
End user training sessions will be arranged later in August.
On August 10, 2011, we successfully completed our first broadcast interview from the HSPH Leadership Studio.
External Relation’s Todd Datz arranged for researcher (Mike) An Pan to be interviewed by the CBC on findings of elevated stroke risk in patients taking SSRIs.
View video on the CBC Health website.
Sarah Bearse, Leadership Studio technical manager, and information technology’s Chris Riley provided technical support working with VideoLink of Newton on the transmission over Level3’s Vyvx network.
We are very excited about this new state-of-the-art and convenient broadcast capacity at HSPH.
We are pleased to announce that we are now able to support syncing GroupWise contacts, calendars and email to Android Phones.
If you would like to take advantage of this new feature, you will need to purchase a NotifyLink license from the IT Department. The cost is $150 per year.
To begin the setup process, your department administrator will need to send an email to the Helpdesk requesting a license for you. This email should include your contact information and a 33‑digit billing code. Once we have the license set up, we will contact you to schedule a time to configure your phone.
Please note that you can only have one Notifylink account for either an iPhone or an Android, the system will not allow 2 accounts for one person.
Please email the Helpdesk at email@example.com if you have any questions.
PIN is currently experiencing technical issues. Cambridge is currently aware of this and is working on fixing it right now.
Services that are currently being affected are:
- HSPH Publisher
- Course Evaluations
- Administrative Forms (ID Request, Employee Departure, etc.)
- Certain iSites
Services that are NOT affected are:
- myHSPH Portal
- HSPH Website
We will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.
PIN Services has confirmed they have fixed the issue with one of their servers and all of our services should be restored.