Dear HSPH Faculty and Staff,
The Department of Information Technology is pleased to report that the Outlook Email Migration Project is coming to a close as scheduled at the end of June. We have successfully migrated nearly 1700 accounts and moved more than 18 million items from Groupwise to Outlook. We would like to thank the community for its support in making this partnership a success. We particularly would like to thank department and program administrators for working with us on scheduling and other logistics.
If you are still using Groupwise, and are not on the migration schedule below, please contact the Helpdesk at 432-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org, to have your migration scheduled. Likewise, if you have a departmental or conference room account that hasn’t been migrated, please contact us.
In early-July, we will individually contact any remaining Groupwise users and begin disabling accounts. In the fall, we will be turning off the Groupwise server altogether.
- Please look for Outlook training sessions this fall as part of the HSPH computer training series.
- We have a number of Quick Start cards remaining at the Helpdesk. If you would like a copy, please visit us.
- Finally, we have online on-demand training called Lynda.com available in Instructional Computing in Kresge LL19. There are a number of training titles available on Outlook for both the Mac and PC platforms.
This summer, we will begin rolling out Microsoft Lync, Microsoft’s Unified Communications Software, which features chat, video chat, desktop sharing, and more.
Remaining migration schedule
Week of June 18th
- Francois-Xavier Bagnoud Center
- Admissions Office, Registrar’s Office, Career Services Office, and Student Financial Aid Office
Week of June 25th
- Center for Population and Development Studies
Have a great summer.
Deane Eastwood for the Email Migration Team