Dear HSPH Website Administrators,
We will be holding two HSPH website informational sessions to kick off 2014. They will be held in Kresge G2 on:
- Thursday, January 16, 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 21, 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
At these sessions, we will bring you up to date on planned initiatives for the HSPH website in 2014, including a major initiative to make the website easier to read and use on mobile devices, including cell phones, iPads and the like. More than 22 percent of web traffic to the HSPH website now comes through mobile devices that employ smaller screens than traditional desktop and laptop computers – and that percentage is expected to grow tremendously. This project will likely influence how you think about such things as layout and site navigation on the websites you update and manage at the School. David Marshall, senior web developer, will take you through a discussion of “Responsive Design: Making the HSPH Website Mobile-friendly.” Finally, we’ll leave time for your questions on mobile design or other web topics.
We hope to see you at a session!
for the HSPH Web Team
- Introduction and recap of key 2013 website accomplishments
- Highlighted initiatives in 2014
- Responsive Design: Making the HSPH Website Mobile-friendly
- What is Responsive Design?
- Why is it important?
- When is it coming to HSPH?
- How does this impact you as site administrators?
- How can you help with this important initiative?