Do you have technology questions and don’t know who to ask? Have you ever wondered who all these “IT” folks are and how they can help you? Do you like free stuff? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re in luck!
The HSPH Information Technology department is hosting a Tech Day on:
September 25th from 12:30 to 2 in the Kresge Cafeteria Atrium
We’ll be showing off the latest tech from tablets to video conferencing, hosting mini-talks, and raffling away prizes.
Come join us, meet the team, and have a great time.
- Dell — representatives from Dell will have the latest laptop, tablets and other machines available through the Harvard contract.
- Harvard TPC — representatives from Harvard’s Technology Product Center will have the latest Apple products available through the Harvard contract.
- Office 365 — User Services Team will demonstrate Office 365, a cloud-based email that HSPH will be migrating to in 2015.
- WordPress — the HSPH web team will demonstrate and explain the School’s site-wide responsive design on a variety of devices.
- Canvas — Media and Educational Technology Services (METS) will demonstrate Canvas, the learning management system that HSPH and Harvard are rolling out over the next year.
- MediaSite — METS will demonstrate MediaSite, HSPH’s new course capture system that was launched in September 2014.
- BlueJeans – BlueJeans video conferencing will host a remote session to demonstrate their video conferencing bridging service.
- Virtual Desktops – The server team will be demonstrating our new virtual desktop, which will allow you to work on the same desktop from anywhere…
- We will offer quick 10 minute tours of the two new distance learning studios in Kresge LL and the HSPH server room.
Mini-talks (15 minute Q&A talks in Kresge 110):
- Apple support: What do we offer?
- Personal security (HRCI, Encryption, Privacy, and Virus Protection)
- Digital signage
- Google analytics
- General Q & A