The HSPH Department of Information Technology is writing to inform our community of an upcoming email upgrade in 2015.
We are excited to announce that Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT), who currently runs our IceMail/Exchange system, will be moving to Microsoft’s cloud-based, shared collaboration offering, Microsoft Office365.
This is part of a larger consolidation of email systems taking place across Harvard. Benefits of the new system include:
- Larger mailboxes (50GB) vs. the current 5 GB quota
- An improved web interface (Outlook Web App also known as “OWA”)
- Improved access to the Harvard email directory (also known as the Global Address List, or “GAL”)
- Easier calendar coordination between groups
- OneDrive cloud-based file storage with up to 1TB of free space per user account (approved for Harvard Level 3 data storage!)
- SharePoint team collaboration sites
Currently, we are targeting migrations to take place in February and March.
Your email address will not change and you will still use Outlook for PC or Mac, or Mac Mail.
The IT department will begin reaching out to departmental contacts in early January to schedule weekly upgrades.
More information can be found on this website including
- HSPH FAQs
- HSPH Upgrade Schedule, and
- Product FAQs from Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT)
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to bringing this new and improved experience to our community in 2015!
Chief Information Officer