The HSPH Information Technology Department offers Accellion accounts to securely transfer files. Accellion meets Harvard University security requirements.
To request an account(s) for you or your group, please have your Department Administrator provide a list of users to the HSPH Helpdesk at 432-HELP or email@example.com.
Accellion Quickstart Guide:
- Accelion URL: http://accellion.sph.harvard.edu
- Your login is your email address (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your password is the same as your Novell password.
- Each user has a 5 GB limit.
- Each file will remain for 7 days.
- If you are exchanging files that contain high risk confidential information, please remember that retrieved files may not be stored locally on a laptop, desktop machine, or other local storage device. They must be saved to personal or shared network drives (P:/ and S:/ drives).
- Files which are saved to the Accellion server cannot be accessed or recovered by the IT department.
- There is an excellent user guide available after you log into the secure file transfer website.
- Accellion home page
- Harvard University Enterprise Information Security Policy
- High Risk Confidential Information definition
- Confidential Information definition
If you would like to any discuss security topics and secure data transfer at HSPH further, please feel free to contact Andy Ross, security manager, email@example.com, 617-432-1751.