Overview of Services
We are located in Kresge LL-15, in the same office as the Help Desk. We can be contacted via phone @ 617-432-4357. You may also email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to fill out a Media Services request form.
Services provides the following support and service:
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of all media equipment located in classrooms, auditoria, and conference rooms
- Staffing of events
- Training of faculty, staff, and students on use of equipment
- Setup and testing of audio and video conferencing
- Video and DVD creation and duplication
- Audio and video editing
- Preparation of files for audio and video podcasting
- Consultation, coordination, and installation of projectors, video conference systems, whiteboards, plasma/LCD monitors, and other AV systems
- Taping and encoding of on-demand and live web streaming for courses and events
- Setup and training of web conferencing utilizing Webex
- Product research for new audio-video technology
- Video editing and post production
Media Services Fees
General Staffing for Courses and Events
- HSPH media staff are available at no charge from 8 am to 6 pm for general staffing of events and courses. For courses, a technician will assist faculty or teaching assistants in getting the course set up. For events, a technician may stay for the duration of the event depending upon the event’s needs.In the event that an event requires multiple dedicated staff people, the HSPH Department of Information Technology bills at the rate of $70/hour for the second staff member. More than 2 staff members are generally not available except for large central events.
- For events, please call media staff to discuss the events and audio-visual needs (microphones, format, DVD/overheads/computer, taping, etc.) and staffing will be reserved for the event.
- If an event is to be taped, have overflow from room to room, or webcast, we ask that the client bring a Powerpoint slide to be shown on the screen during speaker transitions.
After hours and weekends and non-HSPH events
- For non-HSPH event held during the business day, media technicians are available at the rate of $70/hour/staff member
- For all non-HSPH events and for events held in the evening or on weekends, media technicians are available at $110/hour/staff member. Room charges through the Operations Office may also apply. Evening staffing requires a minimum of 2 week’s notice to enable HSPH IT Office to arrange for staffing.