HSPH Department of Information Technology has deployed Wireless Access points to provide wireless networking in the following areas:
- Kresge Microlab Rooms
- Kresge Auditoriums
- Kresge 2nd Floor Atrium
- Kresge 2nd Floor Classrooms
- Kresge Auditoriums
- Kresge 502
- FXB Atrium
- FXB Classrooms
- Landmark 3rd Floor Cafeteria
- Landmark 4th Floor (Rooms 403Q, 408(Common Area) and 414A)
In part, this deployment has been facilitated and funded by a University-wide partnership by the Provosts office. The Provost has funded a program to enable consistent practice and tools for distribution and management of a campus-wide solution to wireless networking.
The Bluesocket Wireless Project will provide access to the following standard resources once authenticated from any member school participating in the project:
- Internet Access
- Email Access
- Novell Authentication (On our physical campus only, you can install additional software to provide VPN access if required off of the SPH campus)
- Harvard PIN Resources
Currently, the School of Public Health will offer two methods of authentication, they are:
- Harvard PIN – You can obtain a PIN at the following website: http://www.pin.harvard.edu
- Radius (users will use their Novell login credentials)
To install your new wireless card, please download the following PDF file and follow the directions for your operating system: Installing the Client Adapter
In order to provide consistency, the Bluesocket Wireless Project formed a committee. The committee consists of key technical and business contacts from participating schools. The committee agreed to deploy the wireless project with standard security called SSID. Service Set Identifier (SSID) is an identifier attached to packets sent over the wireless LAN that functions as a "password" for joining a particular wireless network. All access points within the same *Basic Service Set (BSS) must use the same SSID, or their packets will be ignored.
* A set of 802.11-compliant stations that operate as a fully-connected wireless network.
Service Set Identifier (SSID)
Harvard University will use the following SSID as standard deployment:
Please remember that the SSID is case sensitive.
If you have any questions or need technical assistance, please contact the Help Desk @ 617.432.4357.
HSPH Wireless Setup
To setup your wireless connection, please download the following PDF document and follow the intructions: HSPH Wireless Setup