There are a number of computer training opportunities available to the HSPH community.
On-site Computer Training Courses
Each spring and fall, the HSPH Department of Information Technology and Office of Human Resources coordinate a series of computer training courses. These courses offer business productivity titles from Microsoft, Adobe, and Novell.
Courses are offered free of charge and are conveniently located in Kresge Building computer laboratories. Computer training materials are provided at all courses.
- Microsoft Excel 2010 classes of all levels from Introductory to Advanced
- Whether you are new to Microsoft Excel or an advanced user, these trainings will cover what you need to know to become an Excel power user.
- Introduction to Microsoft Project 2010
- Keep your projects on track, on time and within your budget by learning how to track all project management information in Microsoft Project.
- *New*Intermediate Microsoft Project 2010
- Learn how to manage and customize project plans during the implementation stages of a project.
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Learn how to create professional and captivating Microsoft PowerPoint presentations by presenting information in a concise and exciting format.
- Introduction to Microsoft Access
- Take control of your data with efficient database solutions, querying data, forms, reports and automation tasks.
Customized Computer Training Courses
If your group would like a customized training session, HSPH IT can work with New Horizons Boston to set up a custom computer training course for your group. Recent examples have been Advanced MS Excel 2010 for a financial office or MS Project 2010 for a research group.
Pricing information is available on our internal site.
Harvard Center for Workplace and Development Study’s Course
Harvard’s CWD offers year-round, low-cost computer training sessions in Cambridge and on the Harvard Longwood campus. There are a number of courses in database technology, desktop publishing, MS Office 2010, presentation graphics, spreadsheets, web development, and word processing.
Visit CWD’s site on HARVIE: http://harvie.harvard.edu/Career_Professional_Development/
Free Online Self-Paced Training (Lynda.com)
Lynda.com is back at HSPH for the entire community! Harvard University has licensed Lynda for the community and from any location. For more information and to sign up, please see: http://lynda.harvard.edu.
We encourage HSPH staff members to take advantage of computer science courses offered at the Harvard Extension School. Courses range from “Understanding Computers and the Internet” to “Oracle Database Design” and everything in between. Courses are offered in the evening on the Cambridge campus. Many courses are also available as distance education courses.
Quick Start Guides and Training manuals
6 page quick start guides for Microsoft Outlook 2010 are available for all staff and faculty at the Helpdesk. We also have a number of training workbooks available from our training program. Check with the desk for titles currently available.