- Dietary and genetic origins of cardio-metabolic disease, including diet-gene interactions
- Eating habits including the timing and frequency of eating, cooking methods and beverage consumption
- Dietary antioxidants, especially vitamin C
- Cardiovascular disease and diabetes
- Inflammation and oxidative stress
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- PhD: University of Toronto, Nutritional Sciences, 2010
- RD: Manitoba Partnership Program, Dietetic Internship, 2006
- BSc: University of Manitoba, Human Nutritional Sciences, 2005
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Fenech M, El-Sohemy A, Cahill L, Lynette Ferguson L, French T-AC, Shyong Tai E, Milner J, Koh W-P, Yuan J-M, Sun C-L, Lee H-P, Yu MC, Xie L, Zucker M, Buckley M, Cosgrove L, Lockett T, Fung KYC and Head R. Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics: viewpoints on current status and applications in nutrition research and practice. J Nutrigenet Nutrigenom 2011;4:69-89.
- Cahill LE and El-SohemyA. Haptoglobin genotype modifies the association between dietary vitamin C and serum ascorbic acid deficiency. Am J Clin Nutr 2010; 92:1494-1500.
- Cahill LE and El-SohemyA. Vitamin C transporter gene polymorphisms, dietary vitamin C and fasting serum ascorbic acid. J Nutrigenet Nutrigenom, 2010; 2(6):292-301.
- Brenner DR, Tepylo K, Eny KM, Cahill LE and El-Sohemy A. Comparison of body mass index and waist circumference as predictors of cardiometabolic health in a population of young Canadian adults. Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome 2010; 2:28.
- Cahill LE, Fontaine-BissonB and El-SohemyA. Functional genetic variants of glutathione S-transferase protect against serum ascorbic acid deficiency. Am J Clin Nutr 2009; 90:1411-1417.
- Cahill L, Corey PN and El-Sohemy A. Vitamin C deficiency in a population of young Canadian adults. Am J Epidemiol 2009; 170:464-471.
- Cahill LE, Peng C, Bankovic-Calic N, Sankaran D, Ogborn M and Aukema H. Dietary soy protein during pregnancy and lactation in rats with hereditary kidney disease attenuates disease progression in offspring. Br J Nutr 2007; 97:77-84.
- Sankaran D, Bankovic-Calic N, Cahill L, Peng C, Ogborn M and Aukema H.Late dietary intervention limits benefits of soy protein or flax oil in experimental polycystic kidney disease. Nephron Exp Nephrol 2007 106:122-128.
- Cahill LE and El-Sohemy A (2012). Genetic Variation and Nutrient Metabolism. In: John W. Erdman Jr. (ed.), Ian A. MacDonald (ed.), Steven H. Zeisel (ed.), Present Knowledge in Nutrition, 10th Edition, pp. 70-88. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Cahill LE and El-Sohemy A (2011). Integration of Biotechnologies | Nutrigenomics: A Possible Road to Personalized Nutrition. In: Murray Moo-Young (ed.), Comprehensive Biotechnology, Second Edition, volume 4, pp. 703–712. Elsevier.