The Master of Science degree goes beyond the traditional MBA program, by applying business management disciplines to the specialized practices of the health care sector.
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Accounting and Control
- Corporate Strategy Determination
- Financial Management
- Information Systems
- Negotiation and Communication
Leveraging Public Health Expertise to Stay Ahead of the Curve on Health Care Trends, Issues, and Competitive Strategies
The program also provides courses not generally offered in traditional business school programs, which prepare managers to deal specifically with the US healthcare marketplace.
- Public Health Perspectives - provides an overview of the complex economic, environmental, social, and behavioral causes affecting the health of populations
- Health Policy and Payment Systems - develops knowledge to manage the challenges presented by our public and private health financing systems
- Health Care Quality Improvement - utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to creating systems that address the realities of human error in health delivery systems
- Quality Field Project - completes a year-long quality improvement field project from conception and design to implementation
- Physician Leadership Seminar - explores the principles and practices of exceptional leadership, with special guidance on the management of other physicians and clinicians