655 Huntingon Avenue
Building 2, Room 311Boston, MA 02115
Nutrition and cardiovascular disease epidemiology including nutrition-related biomarkers, dietary patterns, alcohol, and caffeine.
Ph.D. Brown University (2011, Epidemiology)
M.P.H. Yale University (2007)
B.A. Cornell University (2003)
- Bertoia ML, Pai JK, Cooke JP, Joosten MM, Mittleman MA, Rimm EB, Mukamal KJ. Plasma homocysteine, dietary B vitamins, betaine, and choline and risk of peripheral artery disease. Atherosclerosis (in press).
- Joosten MM, Pai JK, Bertoia ML, Gansevoort RT, Bakker SJL, Cooke JP, Rimm EB, Mukamal KJ. Beta2-microglobulin, cystatin C, and creatinine and risk of symptomatic peripheral artery disease. JAHA (in press).
- Bertoia ML, Triche EW, Michaud DS, Baylin A, Hogan JW, Neuhouser ML, Tinker LF, Van Horn L, Waring ME, Li W, Shikany JM, Eaton CB. The Mediterranean and Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension dietary patterns and risk of sudden cardiac death in post-menopausal women. AJCN (2014) 99(2):344-51.
- Bertoia ML, Tsimikas S. Grodin JL, Tang WH. What is the Role of Biomarkers in Identifying Risk in Patients with Peripheral Artery Disease? http:/Biomarkers.Cardiosource.org. July 25, 2013. Accessed September 30, 2013, http://biomarkers.cardiosource.org/Ask-the-Expert/2013/08/Role-of-Biomarkers-in-Identifying-Risk-in-Patients-with-PAD.aspx.
- Bertoia ML, Triche EW, Michaud DS, Baylin A, Hogan JW, Neuhouser ML, Freiberg MS, Allison M, Safford MM, Li W, Mossavar-Rahmani Y, Rosal MC, Eaton CB. Long-term alcohol and caffeine intake and risk of sudden cardiac death in women. AJCN (2013) 97(6):1356-63.
- Joosten MM, Joshipura KJ, Pai JK, Bertoia ML, Rimm EB, Mittleman MA Mukamal KJ. Total Adiponectin and Risk of Symptomatic Lower Extremity Peripheral Artery Disease in Men. ATVB (2013) 33(5):1092-7.
- Bertoia ML, Pai JK, Lee J-H, Taleb A, Joosten MM, Mittleman MA, Yang X, Witztum JL, Rimm EB, Tsimikas S, Mukamal KJ. Oxidation-specific biomarkers and risk of peripheral artery disease. JACC (2013) 61(21):2169-79.
- Bertoia ML, Allison M, Manson J, Freiberg M, Solomon AJ, Johnson K, Kuller L, Limacher M, Curb JD, Wassertheil-Smoller S, Eaton CB. Risk factors for sudden cardiac death in post-menopausal women. JACC (2012) 60:2674-82.
- Joosten MM, Pai JK, Bertoia ML, Rimm EB, Spiegelman D, Mittleman MA, Mukamal KJ. The joint impact of clinical risk factors on risk of peripheral artery disease in men. JAMA (2012) 308:1660-1667.
- Bertoia ML, Waring ME, Gupta PS, Roberts MB, Eaton CB. Implications of new hypertension guidelines in the United States. Hypertension (2012) 60:639-644.
- Bertoia ML, Albanes D, Mayne ST, Männistö S, Virtamo J, Wright ME. No association between fruit, vegetables, antioxidant nutrients and risk of renal cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer (2010) 126:1504-1512.
- Gramling R, Lash TL, Rothman KJ, Cabral HJ, Silliman R, Roberts M, Stefanick ML, Harrigan R, Bertoia ML, Eaton CB. Family history of later-onset breast cancer, breast healthy behavior and invasive breast cancer among postmenopausal women: a cohort study. Breast Cancer Research (2010) 12(5):R82.
- Bertoia ML, Hogan JW, Baylin A. Inverse probability weighting for missing covariate data in matched case-control studies.
- Cassano PA, Guertin KA, Kristal AR, Ritchie KA, Bertoia ML, Arnold KB, Crowley JJ, Hartline J, Goodman PJ, Tangen CM, Minasian LM, Lippman SM, Klein E. A randomized controlled trial of vitamin E and selenium on rate of decline in lung function.
- Jensen MK, Bertoia ML, Cahill LE, Agarwal I, Rimm EB, Mukamal KJ. Novel biomarkers in cardiovascular disease.