The center is always interested in talented people that want to contribute to the field of nanotoxicity. Currently the following position in Environmental Microbiology. The position is open until filled:
Post doctoral position in microbiology and environmental nanotechnology
Job Description: Postdoctoral position available in the Laboratory of Environmental Health Nanosciences of Professor Philip Demokritou, located in the Department of Environmental Health at Harvard School of Public Health, Boston MA. We study the applications and implications of nanomaterials, and environmnetal nanotechnolgy applications for pathogen inactivation in environmental media. The lab is well-funded with a number of projects in the areas air disinfection, food microbiology, with excellent colleagues and resources. Salary and benefits are very competitive and commensurate with experience.
Skills: Microbiology/Aerobiology analytical techniques, Mammalian cell culture, Microscopy skills: fluorescent microscopy, live cell imaging, and electron microscopy are highly desired.
- PhD or equivalent degree
- US citizenship/green card or visa to work in the United States.
- High quality first author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong recommendation letters.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experimental skills in microbiology/aerobiology, food microbiology, cell biology environmental microbiology, nano-biology or related fields. Experience in environmental engineering a plus.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- Motivation to study nano-bio interactions and prevention of infectious diseases using
- engineering interventions.
Harvard is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women and minorities are strongly encouraged.
For Other inquires please fill the following form: