Authoritative information on global health, HIV/AIDS research, health reform, women’s health, tobacco control, healthy eating, and more from the Harvard School of Public Health.
A decades-long fight to bring clean air standards in line with environmental health science offers lessons for today.
- Is the ACA’s hospital readmissions penalty off base?
- Insurance expansion improving health, preventing medical bankruptcies in Mexico
- Younger students more likely than older peers to be prescribed ADHD medications
- HSPH receives CEO Cancer Gold Standard accreditation
- Can adding fiber make soda healthy? Not so fast.
- Non-communicable diseases threaten health of India’s population
- HSPH alumnus Raul Ruiz wins Congressional seat
- Video: Panel discusses health care and the presidential election
- Video: Architect of international movement for women’s health and human rights talks to HSPH students
- Making the case to continue an innovative anti-malaria program
- Fish oil doesn’t prevent irregular heartbeat in cardiac surgery patients
Read more news.
Around the School
- Dedicated crew kept HSPH running during Hurricane Sandy
- HSPH ranked most social media friendly school of public health
- Dean Julio Frenk named “Public Health Person of the Week”
- President Obama honors Asst. Prof. Curtis Huttenhower with early career science award
- Nathan Eagle awarded 2012 Global Economy Prize
- HSPH alumna Dr. Swati Piramal elected to Harvard Board of Overseers
- Dean Julio Frenk receives honorary degree from University of Alberta
- Bernard Lown honored by British Medical Journal
- Melissa Begg to receive inaugural Lagakos Distinguished Alumni Award
Faculty Appointments and Promotions
Xiaole Liu, Professor of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
Sarah Fortune, Melvin J. and Geraldine L. Glimcher Associate Professor of Immunology and Infectious Diseases
Josiemer Mattei, Assistant Professor of Nutrition
Joshua Salomon, Professor of Global Health
George Seage, Professor of Epidemiology
Zhi-Min Yuan, Professor of Radiobiology, Director of the John B. Little Center
Read more faculty news.
Interested in healthy eating? Check out The Nutrition Source website, developed by the HSPH Dept. of Nutrition, where you can find the latest science about healthy eating.