posted January 2013
Metals Core Research Day
The first Metals Core Research Day, held January 24th, was a huge success!
View full roster of poster and talks here.
posted November 2013
◊ Center Congratulates Members on New Funding Awards:
- David Christiani received funding from the Raymond P. Lavietes Foundation for his study work Improving Lung Cancer Survival Using Integrative Molecular Analysis.
- Bernardo Lemos received the Smith Family Award for Excellence in Biomedical Research for his project Heterochromatin, bisphenol A, and environmental epigenetics.
- Quan Lu received a grant from NHLBI for his work on Pharmacogenetics of Asthma Treatment
- Alex Lu received funding from Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection for his work entitled A Risk-based Analysis of the Effect of Pesticides on Sensitive Receptors.
posted October 2013
◊ Center Congratulates New Pilot Project Awardees!
- Konstantinos Makris: Exposures to Thyroid-Disrupting Chemicals and Thyroid Nodular Disease: The Case of Bisphenol A
- Stephanie Shore: Impact of obesity and ozone on lung microbiota in mice
- Akira Tsuda: Rapid nanoparticle translocation across the neonatal alveolar air-blood barrier
- Yongyue Wei: Maternal Metal Exposure, Cord Blood Metabolomics Biomarker, and Birth Outcome
◊ View Presentations from the 10/22/13 Harvard NIEHS Center Fall Retreat!
posted September 2013
◊ SAVE THE DATE: NIEHS Center Retreat! Tuesday, October 22, 9AM-4PM, at the J.M. Martin Conference Center at Harvard Medical School. Registration will open soon.
posted August 2013
◊ Heather Burris awarded a Charles H. Hood Foundation Child Health Research Award Grant for her study, Epigenetics of the Cervix: Linking the Environment to Spontaneous Preterm Delivery – a follow-up to her 2009 NIEHS Center Pilot Project.
◊ Hot Topic Lecture by Dr. Jim Shine, Water and Health: A Global Perspective, August 13, 2013 @ 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM, FXB Bldg Rm G-13
posted July 2013
◊ Harvard NIEHS Center Pilot Project Grants offered – applications due September 12, 2013 – view RFA | full details
◊ Environmental Health Perspectives names Drs. Andrea Baccarelli and Joel Schwartz‘ Center publication 2013 Classic Paper of the Year, an award recognizing EHP’s most cited article over the preceding 60 months – view the paper here.
posted June 2013
◊ Colony Collapse Disorder – Work of Center member Alex Lu and colleagues on the effects of pesticide exposure on honeybees featured in the Boston Globe Magazine – read more
◊ Center members Drs. Christiani and Mazumbar, and colleagues receive HUCE Faculty Grant for Exploratory Research for their project “A New Model for Chronic Respiratory Disease: environmental arsenic exposure induces a novel form of cystic fibrosis.”
◊ Congratulations to Center member Quan Lu on his promotion to HSPH Associate Professor!
posted May 2013
◊ NIEHS features the work of Dr. Christiani and Center investigators on
arsenic exposure in Bangladesh - read more…
posted April 2013
◊ Harvard NIEHS Center Pilot Grant awards announced