- Drinking up to six cups a day of coffee is not associated with increased risk of death from any cause, or death from cancer or cardiovascular disease.
- Some people may still want to consider avoiding coffee or switching to decaf, especially women who are pregnant, or people who have a hard time controlling their blood pressure or blood sugar.
- It’s best to brew coffee with a paper filter, to remove a substance that causes increases in LDL cholesterol.
- Coffee may have potential health benefits, but more research needs to be done.
- Read more about coffee and tea compared with other beverages.