Sebastian’s Café, the cafeteria at the Harvard School of Public Health
These food service quantity recipes are from Sebastian’s Café, the cafeteria at the Harvard School of Public Health. They reflect the tenets of the Healthy Eating Pyramid, a simple, science-based, trustworthy guide created by the Department of Nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health.
The recipes adhere to the following guidelines:
- Fresh whole foods with great flavor are vital.
- Unsaturated fats, such as those found in vegetable oils, are preferred.
- Whenever possible, added sugars are kept to a minimum.
- Trans fatty acids from partially hydrogenated vegetable oils are eliminated.
- Whole grains are an important part of menu planning.
- Fruits and vegetables, especially leafy greens, are featured.
Each recipe yields 100 servings and includes single-serving nutrition information.
- Oven-Roasted Catfish with a Spicy Creole Tomato Sauce
- Rosemary-Seared Breast of Chicken with Mushrooms, Spinach, and Artichoke Hearts
- Seared Cod Fillets with Roasted Vegetable–Chili Broth and Sage Pesto
- Steamed Salmon Filet with Fresh Dill and Lemon
- Tuscan-Style Roasted Chicken with Basil, White Beans, and Tomatoes
- Whole Wheat Linguine with Roasted Vegetables and Fresh Herbs
- Chicken Escarole Soup
- French Onion Soup with Beef Broth
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Tofu-Ginger Vegetable Soup
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- White Bean, Wheat Berry, and Escarole Soup
The aim of the Harvard School of Public Health Nutrition Source is to provide timely information on diet and nutrition for clinicians, allied health professionals, and the public. The contents of this Web site are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Web site. The information does not mention brand names, nor does it endorse any particular products.