Recipe courtesy of The Culinary Institute of America
- 8 ounces pistachios, unsalted, roasted, shelled (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup pecorino cheese, grated fresh (1 ounce)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup silken tofu, reduced-fat (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole wheat penne pasta, hot, cooked (about 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pasta cooking water, reserved
Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor and process until finely minced. Add tofu and lemon juice. Process until smooth. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute, and process until well blended. Reserve.
Combine penne, cherry tomatoes, and pesto in a large bowl; toss gently. Use pasta water to thin as needed.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 630 ⁄ Protein: 26 g ⁄ Carbohydrate: 62 g ⁄ Fiber: 14 g ⁄ Sodium: 270 mg
Saturated fat: 5 g ⁄ Polyunsaturated fat: 9 g ⁄ Monounsaturated fat: 19 g ⁄
Trans fat: 0 g ⁄ Cholesterol: 5 mg
Copyright © The Culinary Institute of America
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.