The IRB teams release new features to ESTR every two months. This release is focused on upgrading key background and administrative functionality within the IRB system. Highlights of the most recent release from August 2014 include:
- ESTR notifications have been comprehensively reviewed and revised for greater clarity.
- The Final Page of the SmartForm has been revised to include clear instructions on how to submit an application.
- The document library now includes all blank forms under the “Templates” tab (to access, click IRB on the red menu bar, then IRB Library).
- The Timeout Window has been made larger to fit the HUID and PIN log box in after system timeout (which takes about 30 minutes of not using ESTR).
Highlights release from June 2014 include:
- Typing information into a filter bar no longer automatically triggers the filter. The filter will only trigger when the user clicks ‘Go’ or hits Enter.
- When the form is saved, a ‘Please Wait’ notice briefly appears.
- Exit without saving changes is now a modal box to ensure it is not affected by a browser pop-up blocker. It also has friendlier text buttons.
- For some activities, hovering over the activity will display further information about the activity.
- ‘Read more’ indicators on the workspace history are bold for clearer viewing.
Highlights release from April 2014 include:
- At-a-glance Review Type just below the blue submission state box
- Reminder notifications for applications in Pre-Submission state
- Determination letters will be sent to the entire designated “Email List”
- PI assurance has been added when submitting Modifications and Continuing Reviews
- Access to ‘All Submissions’ in the quick link areas
- Adding a comment will now cause the ‘Modified Date’ to update in the submission workspace
Highlights from the February 2014 release include:
- Three new easy to use buttons: “Create Modification”, “Create Continuing Review”, and “Create Closure”
- Updated Help links to the Harvard support site
- Workspace updates to provide more information about document versions, the IRB contact for each submission, and meeting assignment (for projects that require committee review)
- Exemption Request Form (Consultation with a QA/QI Specialist is required for access to this form)